What we've been up to in the Banking & Finance team
Here's a snapshot of some of our recent work.
- We advised the debt arm of private equity firm IW Capital Limited on the provision of syndicated loan facilities to the Inglenook Inns & Taverns group. Read more
- We acted for Riverside Capital on the purchase of two purpose-built delivery depots. Read more
- We acted for the shareholders of QPI Legal Limited on the sale of their insurance brokering and risk management business to PIB Group Limited. Read more
- We acted for OakNorth Bank Limited on its provision of term facilities of up to £5,000,000 in connection with the acquisition of a property for letting to local authority tenants. The transaction involved offshore aspects and complex priority arrangements.
- We advised Riverside Capital on the bank funding of its acquisition of a portfolio of 19 commercial properties let to a major builders' merchanting and home improvement brand. The bank funding was provided by a major offshore financial institution located in the Channel Islands.
- We acted for Santander Corporate & Commercial, Real Estate Finance on the £12,000,000 refinancing of a portfolio of commercial and residential investment properties located in and around the London area.
- We acted for a vehicle financing company in the negotiation of banking facilities made available to it on LMA terms by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc for the purposes of assisting with the financing of its loan book and the future growth of the business.
- We acted for Santander Corporate & Commercial, Large Corporate Group on its provision of term loan facilities of up to £15,000,0000 to a leading provider of cleaning and hygiene chemicals and ancillary products. The facilities were documented on LMA terms and included complex security and priority arrangements.
- We acted for the borrower on the syndication of debt in the region of £250,000,000 with M&G Investments and Bank of Ireland. The finance documents were documented on LMA terms and the transaction included a complex security structure, inter-creditor agreement and other ancillary documents in various jurisdictions.
- We acted for HSBC Bank plc on debt facilities of £8,200,000, which it made available to a care home operator. The purposes of the refinancing included the release of funds to help fund future acquisitions. Our role was to prepare and negotiate the finance documents and to prepare certificates of title.
- We advised Riverside Capital on the debt aspects of forward commitment purchases of 3 commercial properties and the forward funding of a further site. The acquisitions involved a complex structure including limited partnerships domiciled in various jurisdictions.
- We acted for The Route – Finance on its funding of the purchase of various commercial investment properties in Northern Ireland and on the subsequent provision of development funding relating to one of those properties. The debt package was approximately £7,000,000 in total.
- We advised a cleaning and security services provider on a revolving credit and term loan facilities of up to £12,400,000 in aggregate with PNC Business Credit. The facilities were provided for the purposes of refinancing existing third party bank debt and assisting with working capital requirements.