We have signed the Time to Change pledge to tackle mental health stigma
We are delighted to announce that we have signed the employer pledge for the ‘Time to Change’ campaign by mental health charity Mind.
Joy Vollans, our CEO, is driving the initiative which seeks to help tackle mental health stigma and discrimination in the workplace. The ‘Time to Change’ employer pledge seeks to change how individuals think and act about mental health and to provide support for employees facing these problems.
Joy will be supported in delivering this initiative by two Partners who have suffered from mental illnesses themselves. These partners used the annual conference to discuss their experience of mental health problems and encourage employees to share their own stories.
As part of its campaign, we have:
- Ensured all Equity Partners attend compulsory training in resilience, run by the Samaritans
- Approached people across all our business areas and locations to become ‘Employee Champions’
- Sent ‘Champions’ to attend a session on ‘starting a conversation about mental health at work’, and booked them on a two day Mental Health First Aider course in October.
- Re-written our ‘Stress at Work’ policy to incorporate mental health and wellbeing more generally, and specified internal and external support schemes
- Put up a ‘Wellbeing at Work’ section on our intranet, which will be used to regularly update employees on all aspects of the initiative
Joy comments: “Tackling mental health stigma and discrimination in the workplace should be at the top of all employers’ agendas. I am delighted that we at EMW have signed up to an initiative which has the wellbeing of our colleagues at its core”.
For more information on how we are tackling mental health stigma in the work place, please contact Enquiries@emwllp.com or you can give us a call on 0345 070 6000.