The Knowledge: The latest guidance for In House Counsel
We weren’t going to let a pandemic stop ‘The Knowledge’ seminar programme. Normally co-hosted with BCL Legal in our offices, we decided with BCL to take the September seminar online.
Whilst there may have been an absence of coffee or bacon rolls this time, we kept the usual format of covering topics tailored especially for in house lawyers! Our panellists this time were Employment Principal, Jon Taylor, and Commercial Principal, Matthew Holman.
Jon talked about getting people back into the workplace as well as other pandemic related employment law issues and Matthew answered the 3 most commonly asked data protection questions that we’ve received during Covid-19.
All superbly hosted by Employment Associate, Priya Magar, who also found time to take questions from the audience. Some of the questions Jon and Matthew faced included:
- Where there is a shift to working from home, what impact does an employee’s mental health have on whether to enforce working from home or allow employees to still use the office if preferred?
- Does a normal notice period apply in addition to the consultation period in respect to the redundancy process?
- As people return to work, what is the guidance on cleaning soft furnishings?
- On data processing contracts, is there such a thing as a processor to processor contract?
- From a GDPR perspective, what is an organisation’s obligation to allow visitors in the office?
Watch it in full
For the answers to these questions, and to listen to more of what our 2 experts had to say, click below to watch the webinar in full.Watch the webinar
We’re now planning for our next webinar in The Knowledge series for the new year. If you’d like to receive the invite details when they are released, please email email@example.com to join our mailing list.
We hope to see you there!