Persons with Significant Control and Consent
Did you know a PSC who is an individual should confirm their personal details and give their consent before they are placed on the PSC Register?
Consent can be treated as confirmed if:
- the PSC directly supplied your company with their information
- the information was provided to your company with the knowledge of the PSC
- you asked the PSC to confirm the information was correct, and they replied that it was
- you hold previously confirmed information and have no reason to believe it has changed.
The details an individual PSC needs to confirm are:
- full name
- date of birth
- country, state or part of the UK where the PSC usually lives
- service address
- residential address (this will not be publicly available if you provide a service address)
- date on which the individual became a PSC
- which of the 5 conditions the PSC meets, including the quantification of their interest, where relevant
- any restrictions on disclosing your PSC information which are in place
Once the PSC information has been confirmed (whether in relation to an individual or a legal entity) you have 14 days to enter the PSC details onto the PSC Register and a further 14 days to file the appropriate PSC forms with Companies House.
Equally a PSC has a duty to the company to volunteer the required information within 1 month from the time they know or ought to know that they are a PSC, or their position as one has changed. Failure to do so is a criminal offence.
For further information on PSCs please contact our company secretarial team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0345 070 6000.