Aimee Barrable - Principal
- Qualified in 2005
- Advises on all areas of commercial property including landlord & tenant and freehold and leasehold acquisition matters, with a particular specialism for advising occupier clients
- Loves playing football and is partial to a spot of karaoke - Gaga eat your heart out!
Lucy Bradban - Associate
- Qualified in 2007
- Has a wide range of experience in landlord and tenant transactions, portfolio management, acquisitions and disposals and corporate support work for adult gaming, nightclub, private schools, motor industry and general retail clients
- Is a keen traveller
Sonia Bustos - Consultant Solicitor
- Dual qualified Spanish Lawyer/Abogado (Spain, 2001) and solicitor (England & Wales, 2007)
- Specialises in advising on cross-border transactions between the UK, Spain and North & Latin America covering a broad range of sectors including oil producers, IT, renewable energy, retail & fashion, health, banks and other financial institutions, construction, consultants, tourism & hotels, insurance and foreign trade agencies
- Advises on corporate, commercial, property, litigation, tax and probate matters
Speaks fluent Spanish
Marcus Carter - Solicitor
- Qualified in 2012 following his training contract with the firm
- Advises on all areas of commercial property including landlord and tenant, freehold and leasehold acquisitions, with a particular specialism for advising occupier clients
- Being a big Northampton Saints fan he spends most of his time watching rugby and enjoys skiing when he can
Michael Chilton - Principal
- Qualified in 1999
- Has extensive experience in construction law, with particular emphasis on non-contentious matters. He has worked at several large City firms where he advised developers, banks, pension funds, local authorities, housing associations and contractors on all forms of construction procurement and documentation. He has also advised on several PFI schemes and international power projects
- Is also qualified as a Quantity Surveyor, and, prior to becoming a lawyer, worked for several major construction companies as a project surveyor
- His main interest outside of work is swimming and in the summer he competes in open water events. He is also a keen cyclist and Arsenal fan
Robin Creek - Associate
- Qualified in 2003
- Extensive experience in acting on commercial property matters with particular specialism in the public and education sectors
- Advises on freehold and leasehold disposals and acquisitions
- Enjoys travelling and is a keen Northampton Saints fan
David Danskin - Principal
- Qualified in 1983
- Has broad experience of property practice, but has specialised in commercial and residential property development, acting for both private and public sector clients. He has substantial experience of development agreements, public private partnerships, joint ventures, site acquisitions and disposals, conditional contracts, options, building agreements and contracts
- Out of the office he is a keen golfer
Darren Debock - Solicitor
Victoria Dobson - Associate
- Has landlord and tenant expertise in the field of electronic communications. Notable highlights include involvement in a large network consolidation project and a period of secondment at a client company
- Is secretary of CILEx Northants & Bucks Branch
- Once had afternoon tea in the Houses of Parliament
Giles Ferin - Principal
- Qualified in 1978
- Accredited for Planning Law by the Law Society and with over thirty years' experience in both the public and private sectors he covers all aspects of planning law advice from scheme conception through to finished development acting for developers, local authorities and other public sector bodies, third party interest groups and for individuals.
- Has handled applications and appeals for clients in various sectors on projects countrywide, but with particular emphasis on the London, Home Counties, South Midlands and East Coast areas and has acted as advocate for parties at Planning Inquiries in both development and enforcement appeals and on development plan matters.
- Formerly President of his local Chamber of Commerce and is currently Vice Chair of a small Housing Association specialising in the provision of accommodation and care for adults with special needs.
Rob Goffman - Principal
- Qualified in 1984
- Has vast experience in advising on property development and property portfolio management
- Is also a general dab-hand at commercial property
- Used to have a beard
Colin Grundy - Solicitor
- Qualified in 1984.
- Has extensive property, banking and finance experience.
- Worked in-house with Nationwide Building Society from 1987-2014 providing legal advice to their residential development subsidiary and commercial lending and housing departments. More recently, he has been advising on capital markets and wholesale funding including covered bond, securitisation, derivatives and repurchase and securities lending agreements.
- Outside work, he enjoys most sports and particularly cricket, football and motor sport.
Emily Harris - Associate
- Qualified in 2009 following her training contract with the firm
- Her day to day work involves all aspects of commercial property and acting for a range of clients, many with large portfolios. This includes drafting, negotiating, advising and making recommendations for Landlord or Tenant in respect of agreements, leases, underleases, licences and variations
- Other title work includes freehold/investment acquisitions and disposals, perfecting security and advising in respect of easements and covenants
- Enjoys cycling and has taken part in the Oxford to Cambridge bike ride as part of the firmís bikersí club Ė not a trace of leather, beards or tattoos
Caroline Hayward - Associate
- Qualified in 2000
- Specialising in property development work acting for both developers and landowners, in particular within the social housing sector and is experienced in dealing with option agreements, development agreements, conditional contracts, overage provisions and joint venture agreements
- Undertakes agricultural sales and purchases and general commercial property work
- Board member of Rockingham Forest Housing Association
- Runs the local Youth Group, is passionate about her garden and would secretly love an allotment.
Simon Ingram - Principal
- Qualified in 1976
- Expertise in the larger scale projects, working with the client, their consultants and other members of our firm to deliver quality schemes, and enjoys the challenge of working with ambitious clients
- Past Chairman and committed member of the Milton Keynes Community Foundation. Chairman of the MK Dons Football Club Sports and Education Trust and Legal Trustee of Milton Keynes Theatre & Gallery Company
- Holidays are spent trekking with friends all over Europe and further a-field in places like India, South America and Morocco (the other half said she'd prefer a spa next time!)
Karen James - Post Completions Officer
- Has expertise in Land Tax calculations, submission of SDLT forms and Land Registration applications. Has also undertaken large volume registration projects including 300+ voluntary registrations, registration of a debenture over 133 registered sites and noting 4 Option Agreements over 215 sites
- Adopted a goldfish called Google from a Danish friend! One very ugly, mean fish, which keeps outgrowing its tank!
Graham Jones - Trainee Solicitor
- Currently completing his first year as a trainee with the firm
- Outside of work he is a competitive long distance runner for Marshall Milton Keynes AC and runs in track, road and cross-country events. In his first year since moving to Milton Keynes to start his training contract he was selected to race for Buckinghamshire at the Inter-Counties Cross-Country Championships.
- Also in 2009 he appeared on Countdown, winning two episodes and narrowly losing a third on a crucial conundrum.
Stephen Kay - Principal
- Qualified in 1999
- All areas of commercial property, particularly acting for multi-site occupiers. Noteable highlights include the purchase of a major international client's head office for £115m and the sale and leaseback of 18 properties for another major client, bringing a total profit of £20m (for the client!)
- Is described as "a commercial operator who is tough when he needs to be" who delivers a 'thoroughly professional service' and adopts an 'excellent approach to issues' in the Chambers UK Guide and Legal 500
- At weekends, can often be found on top of a muck heap, helping his wife run her livery yard!
Joanna Lacey - Principal
- Qualified in 1984
- Worked as an in-house lawyer to organisations; initially a major construction company and thereafter from 1989 - 1998 with Nationwide Building Society, involved in their commercial lending operation
- Specialism in banking and finance matters
- Supporting Spurs is her passion!
Rabinder Lalli - Chartered Legal Executive
- Is an experienced residential conveyancer with over 15 years experience in all types of residential property work
- Provides a personal and dedicated conveyancing service, with the assistance of her PA Leanne McCarthy, and much of her work comes from recommendations and repeat business from clients
- Has particular expertise in leasehold and newbuild property transactions and has acted for a number of high net worth clients
- Also holds an adult teaching certificate and has lectured to students on the Institute of Legal Executive course
Arjun Majumdar - Trainee Solicitor
- Commenced his training contract in September 2013
- Outside of work he enjoys football, gym and playing the guitar.
Nick Marshall - Principal
- Qualified in 1997
- Particular emphasis on investment and corporate occupier markets. Advised investors on acquisition and disposals of over £2bn of real estate assets and relocated corporate HQs for US investment banks and some of London's significant market makers.
- Many transactions involved the implementation of tax efficient structures for both domestic and international clients.
- Advised across various sectors including mixed use retail / office, shopping centres, hospitality and leisure and financial services for clients such as HNIs, joint ventures, financial service providers and banks, property companies and major globally branded retailers.
- Outside of work his time is spent ferrying his young children from club to club, being an active school governor at a local boys' prep school and (when time permits!) pursuing Brown Trout with a fly rod.
Marco Mauro - Solicitor
- Qualified in 2007
- Experience in all aspects of planning law and has previously worked for a number of local planning authorities. This experience means he has been successful in securing a number of planning consents against the odds.
- Experience in local government law, highway law, rights of way, village greens, environmental law, including working knowledge of the contaminated land regime and the carbon reduction commitment scheme and has written articles for a number of well respected publications such as the Solicitors Journal, Estates Review and Property Law Journal.
- Represented clients in the Magistrates Court in connection with highway and planning related matters and successfully defended a client for an alleged breach of a planning enforcement notice.
- Outside of work he enjoys good food and lots of it!
Alexandra Miller - Associate
- Qualified in 2006
- Deals with a range of real estate matters with particular emphasis on investment and corporate occupier markets
- Advises on the acquisition and disposal of single and portfolio assets for domestic and overseas investors across all sectors
- Experienced in non-contentious landlord and tenant matters for a wide range of clients including a number of household names
- Wide range of experience gained from working in the City and overseas
Wendy Rogers - Property Finance Assistant
- Many yearsí experience working in property finance where her main clients are of course banks!
- Supports Northampton Saints and Chelsea. She was born in the Land of Nod Surrey
Derryn Rolfe - Consultant Solicitor
- Originally an engineer; qualified as a solicitor in 2005 following extensive experience in-house
- Specialises in construction and engineering, particularly drafting and negotiation of contracts and associated documentation and strategic procurement advice
- Involved for over a decade in the drafting of the IChemE Model Forms of Conditions of Contract
- Lectures in construction law
Joe Soul - Principal
- Qualified in 2002
- Broad commercial property expertise specialising in healthcare in particular the acquisition and disposal of care homes, mental health establishments, brain injury units, learning disability units, children's homes and acting for health service providers
- Has also acted for a number of maintained and independent schools, colleges and universities in relation to various commercial property related matters
- Joe is an unrealistic but enthusiastic Liverpool FC supporter and spends most of his spare time keeping up with his young daughters
Minal Thakarar - Principal
- Qualified in 1999
- With over 10 year's property finance experience has particular expertise in the banking and financial sector. She also advises on all areas of commercial property
- Worked as an in-house lawyer with Nationwide Building Society, providing strategic, analytical and business focused advice and analysis to the commercial lending division
- Outside of work she loves vegetarian cooking and spending time with her family
Andrew Timoney - Solicitor
- Qualified in 2014 and joined the firm in March 2014
- Advises on all areas of commercial property including freehold and leasehold acquisitions, landlord & tenant, and residential development matters.
- Outside of work Andrew is a big Liverpool FC fan and plays golf in the summer months. He likes to visit different places whenever he can and tries to play guitar in his spare time.
Lucy Walford - Solicitor
- Qualified in 2008 and joined the firm in March 2014
- Advises on all areas of commercial property including landlord and tenant, acquisitions and disposals, portfolio management and corporate support
- Outside of work she enjoys travelling, skiing (badly) and spending time with family and friends
Daniel Webb - Post Completions Assistant
- Joined the firm in August 2009 initially in the Administration team before joining the Real Estate team in July 2011.
- He assists Karen James dealing with the teamís Land Registry applications, SDLT submissions and is currently in the middle of a large registration project for a client which involves registering over 800 sites.
- Outside of the office he is currently working towards his CILEx qualifications.
- When not revising for exams or attending lectures he enjoys watching the mighty Spurs, playing golf and socialising with friends.
Geoff Willis - Principal
- Qualified in 1994
- With particular expertise in residential and commercial development and landlord and tenant matters, he is also part of the firmís insolvency and restructuring team and is generally an all-knowing oracle when it comes to property law
- He is a director of Industrial Rehabilitation Workshops, a Northampton charity which provides work-based day care, education and rehabilitation to those with mental illness and learning difficulties
- Once helped Rupert Murdoch put up a satellite dish
Karen Willmott - Legal Assistant
- Advises on Landlord and Tenant matters relevant to the electronic communications industry
- Has completed the academic stages of CIlex qualification and is working towards becoming a Fellow of CIlex
- Enjoys dancing, reading and spending time with her family especially her two young children